Thursday, April 17, 2008

My New Club!




I have officially joined the 30 year old club as of April 15th. The brilliant very creative Mark started the celebration 6 days earlier by giving me an awesome t-shirt on Thursday, then Friday I got a dozen purple roses and a beautiful ceramic vase, Saturday was an amazing breakfast, Sunday was a box of exotic chocolates, and Monday was a bucket full of scrapbook pieces called chipboards and to top it all off Tuesday was my party :) Mark invited out friends to have dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen and it was yum yum good. I actually thought prior to this momentous day that I would have a mini breakdown. Maybe shed some tears and wallow around that I'm leaving my beloved 20s for older unknown years. However, when the day arrived I was actually thrilled. Of
 course reading cards at my party from girls in their early 20s saying "I want to be just like you when I get older" definitely threatened the breakdown but once again I refrained. My joy was too complete. The day was a blast and a hit!! And I end by saying what everyone keeps telling me that "the 30's are the new 20's"!! We shall see :)





1 comment:

Jen said...

That's not a club I plan on joining anytime soon!!!!! You and Jeanette can keep that one to yourselves!!!! Had a marvelous time celebrating with you and I'll love you for the next 30 years and beyond.