Monday, October 20, 2008

8 year Anniversary!!

Wright Brother's Memorial

Bodie Lighthouse
Elizabethan Gardens
Jockey Ridge Sand Dunes

We went to the Outerbanks for a one night, two day weekend getaway! I haven't had so much fun in a long time. Felt like teenagers but then realized I'm 30 and pregnant and feeling every bit of this adventure. But I wasn't about to stop. We walked a ton and laughed our heads off every step of the way. Mark had the whole weekend planned out. We started off at the Wright Brothers Memorial. Did lunch at Awful Arthur's, hit up the Bodie lighthouse, went to a state park that housed the lost colony as well as the Elizabethan Gardens. On the way to check in to our hotel we did the outlets. Then we went to dinner at Tale of a Whale and watched a movie that night. All on Saturday our first day there :) Whew--it's tiring just writing all of that. Then the next morning we did the cheesy beach gift shops/fudge shops, and played putt putt at this amazing course. Then we did lunch and headed home where I slept the entire car ride home. Yes, from pure exhaustion but utterly happy and content with an amazing weekend with the love of my life. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

8 years - no way. You guys did more in a day and a half than I've done total with all my trips down there!